Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thai Green Curry Stir Fry

A few weeks ago, we went to Stir Crazy at the mall. Before then, I hadn't been there since high school. It was SO GOOD! We did the create-your-own type of thing, where you pick your meat, veggies, sauce and noodles, etc. I decided to try their Thai Curry sauce...OMG I'm obsessed. It's one of the few things I crave on a constant basis.
Because we haven't been back (Mikey won't eat "un-american foods" more than "once in a while"), I decided to try my own Thai Green Curry sauce. mmmmm. I came pretty close. Surprisingly, Mikey liked it...he usually only likes teriaki.

This was enough for 3-4 people and measurements are approximate as I was taught to cook with "a teacup of this" and "a pinch of that" lol.

For the Green Thai Curry Sauce:
1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
2 tsp green curry powder (I used M & B Spices, which is 100% organic)
2 tsp Light soy sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar, red wine or regular should suffice as well

Noodles:
1 box rice noodles, cooked according to box directions

Stir Fry:
sesame, olive, veggie or other cooking oil
1 lb chicken, cubed
1 vidalia onion, cut into bite sized pieces
1 red, yellow and or green pepper, bite sized
1/2 c water chestnuts
1/2 c baby corn
1 c broccoli, coarsely chopped
3/4 c baby carrots
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped


Bean sprouts, cilantro, and lemon wedges for garnish and or flavor.

Sorry, pictures are from my phone... :(

No comments: