Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Version of the Pumpkin Roll

Ok, so I made my own version of the Pumpkin Roll; see below link. http://http://seizonthatfood.blogspot.com/2007/10/pumpkin-roll.html

I didn't have enough cream cheese (besides- I'm not too keen on cream cheese) so I altered the recipe for the filling by combining the filling ingredients between the Pumpkin Roll and the Pumpkin Whoopie Pies; which I like better.

For the filling of my version of the Pumpkin Roll:

1/4 C all purpose flour
Dash Salt
3/4 C milk
3/4 C shortening (I used butter flavor for this one)
6 oz cream cheese

1 C confectioner's sugar

2 tsp vanilla extract



As with the Whoopie Pie recipe, whisk the flour, salt and milk in a small sauce pan. Bring to boil and reduce heat, stirring until the mixture is a thick paste. Cover and refrigerate until cool.

In your mixer's bowl, beat shortening, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add the chilled milk mixture; beat for 7 minutes until very light and fluffy. (will be similar to Cool-Whip consistency)



Add to your pre rolled Pumpkin Roll, chill, slice and savor. :D

*Note, in this picture, it wasn't chilled and this was the end before it was cut- the cream isn't really that runny.

No comments: