Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Crock pot too big? Try this!

I've been having trouble with things burning in my crock pot because I really don't want to cook for more than just 2, if there's just 2 of us.  So, things have been burning because the ingredients don't fill the entire pot.  WELL. Over at Cara's Cravings food blog, she mentioned the perfect solution! Inside of the regular crock pot pot, place a smaller, oven-proof pot, like pyrex or calphalon ceramic.  It makes perfect sense: less hot, dry surface=less burning. DUH. 
So, the next time you want to use your crock pot for smaller meals, try that.  Let me know how it works for you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you have to cover the smaller dish inside the crock pot with tinfoil as well to minimize drying.

B said...

I am so very sorry that I never saw your question. Of course, over a year late, I say that yes, indeed it would be a good idea to cover the inside dish as you would normally do so with the regular crock pot dish.
Thank you so much for your question!