Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Have a Happy Resees Peanut Butter Birthday!

While visiting other people's blogs, you get hungry.  I mean, you get some really great ideas!  In my search for all things peanut butter for Michel's birthday, I visited Lindsey's blog. Since My husband really likes peanut butter, I decided to make these for his Birthday today. Now, I'm not a fan of peanut butter and cannot eat them because of my diet so,I figured these would be safe.

Apparently, I cannot resize the picture, which, is from my phone and blurry. Sorry.


Ingredients
2 c creamy peanut butter
2 c sugar
2 eggs
36 mini Reeses peanut butter cups, unwrapped
mini marshmallows

4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream (I used fat free Half and Half)
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. water
mini Resees Pieces or M&Ms

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine peanut butter, sugar and eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until well mixed. Divide the dough evenly between 24 wells of a mini-muffin pan, making dough balls. Make an indentation in the center of each dough ball. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until almost done. Remove from the oven and press a peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie until it is flush with the top of the dough. Top each cookie with 3-4 mini marshmallows. Return the pan to the oven and bake 2-3 minutes more, or until the marshmallows have puffed up. Transfer the pans to a wire cooling rack and allow the cookies to cool completely in the pan before removing them. 

Once the cookies are completely cooled, transfer them to a wire rack over a sheet of wax paper. Place the chopped chocolate in a small, heat-proof bowl. In a small sauce pan, bring the cream, sugar and water to a boil, then pour the liquid over the chocolate and let sit for 30 seconds. Gently whisk the mixture together until smooth. Leave the glaze to sit until it thickens to your desired consistency. Drizzle over top of the cookies. Sprinkle with Resees Pieces before the glaze hardens.

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Looks awesome and who knoew Reeses had their own special day?!